How to Create a YouTube channel free
Do you know you can create a YouTube channel free and grow your business with just few steps?
Many people find it difficult to create a YouTube channel, but it shouldn’t be a difficult task. Actually creating a YouTube channel is a very simple task that only requires few steps. Though creating a Successful YouTube channel requires more work but don’t worry we got you covered.On this article we will provide the following
- Steps to create a Google account.
- Steps to create a personal YouTube channel.
- How to upload YouTube channel icon (profile picture).
- How to add art/banner image to your YouTube channel.
- Connect Youtube channel to a Brand Account.
- Add or Delete managers on a Brand account.
Youtube is the second most visited social platform in the world, nearly 75% of Americans use the social video site. The opportunity to reach your audience and grow your business on YouTube is massive.
Steps to Create a YouTube channel
To market and grow your business on YouTube, you must create a successful YouTube channel with numerous Subscribers and visitors (both new and returning ones) around the world. Which shows that some certain things must be put to place.
Down this post we will be providing you with steps on how to create a successful YouTube channel and how you will jump into the success train without hurting your toe.
Step 1: Create a Google account
The first step in creating a YouTube channel is to create a google account, a Google account can be used to sign in to any Google product like Gmail, Blogger, google Maps, YouTube and more.
If you have signed in to any of the above listed Google products, it simple means you already have a Google account. With Google account you can sign in to YouTube, view videos, subscribe to your favorite channels, like, and share videos. But you need to create a YouTube channel to upload your own videos, comment and make playlist.
For those that don’t have a Google account, you are advised to follow the steps listed below and Sign up for Google account before creating a YouTube channel.
- Go to Google account sign up page and follow the instructions provided below.
- Click on the Create account icon.
- Enter your first name on the space provided.
- Enter your last name on the space provided.
- Enter your Date of birth and select your gender.
- Choose a Username. You can use letters, numbers, periods for your Username.
- Choose a Password. For a strong password you are advised to use at least 8 or more characters with mix of letters, numbers and Symbols.
- Confirm your password and check if the details you filled out are correct.
- Click on Next. You can add and verify a phone number for your account.
Step 2: Create a personal YouTube channel
Once you have sign up a Google account, you can easily create a personal YouTube channel that you alone can manage using your Google account. To create the channel you have to sign in to YouTube with your Google account and follow the steps listed below.
- Sign in to YouTube with a mobile phone or Computer
- Click on the profile picture icon by the top right corner of your screen
- You will see an option “ Create a Channel” click on it
- Confirm your details and then click on Create Channel and you are in.
Note : you can make changes on your name and avatar while creating your channel, but the change you made is only visible on YouTube and not any other Google services.
After following the above steps gradually, you will see an option to further customize your channel by completing the options listed below. You will see option to…..
- Upload a profile picture: you will be asked to provide a profile picture, this will help your viewers to identify you easily.Many brand usually use their Logo for channel icon.
- Adda description of your channel: this gives a clear sketch or account of the main oppose of the Channel
- Add a link to your site: this helps to link people to your website or blog if available. It also helps to link people to your social platform like facebook page, instagram page, twitter etc.
You may choose to follow the above option to customize your channel immediately after creating it or you may choose to do it later.
How to upload a YouTube channel icon ( profile picture)
Every channel provides a space for profile picture/icon that shows next to all your YouTube videos. You should be very careful in choosing a profile picture for your channel. Make sure you choose something that will be very good and unique at a very small revolutions. Many brand usually use their Logo for channel icon.
To change your channel icon, login to your channel and go to homepage, hover on the profile picture icon by the top corner of your screen until you see an option “ Edit channel” click on it, you will see a camera icon on your screen click on it to take or upload a picture then click “Save” to upload.
When selecting YouTube icon, your channel icon should be 800 x 800 pixels and Should be in one of the following formats: JPG, GIF, BMP or PNG file. Square or round image 4 MB or smaller. You are not permitted to use animated GIFs as Icon.
How to add art/banner image to your YouTube channel
It’s very important to add a Channel art while/after creating your channel. Channel art helps to personalize and describe more about your Brand your audience and attract new subscribers . You can say that Youtube Channel art is a variant of Facebook cover photo. Below are some consideration necessary to observe before choosing a channel art.
Size for Youtube Channel art
Youtube is available on numerous devices like iPad, iphone, desktop, android phone and even television. On Tv channel art appears as background, behind content. On desktop and mobile devices, it appears as a banner across the top of the screen.
It is advisable to start with an ideal image size that can be viewed perfectly across any device. The most preferred and recommended size by YouTube is uploading a single 2560 x 1440 pixel image. You can get the recommended image size by using the image editing app on your device to crop the image, or you can upload the image to internet site like Canva that has templates specifically geared for various social media sites. According to Google community guidelines banner image must meet the following criteria.
- Minimum dimension for upload recommended: 2048 x 1152 pixel. This is the “Safe area” text and logos on the banner not to be cut off when displaying on different devices.
- Recommended File size: 6MB or smaller.
When creating a YouTube banner, there is no restrictions in using a simple photo as a brand banner. But customizing something more special and unique, you can help your audience to understand more about your Brand and attract new subscribers to feel the vibe of your channel and also help them to reach you on other social media platforms.
Steps to upload a art/banner image to your YouTube channel
Most people think they can only upload a YouTube banner with desktop computer. But do you know that u can easily upload a banner image with your mobile phone. Just login to YouTube.com with a good web browser on your phone, example Google Chrome, go to settings and change the site layout to a desktop site. Sign in and follow the steps listed below.
- Login to YouTube.com with any secure web browser, sign your account if required.
- Click on your profile Icon by the top right corner of your device screen.
- Select “Your channel” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “CUSTOMIZE CHANNEL” written on a blue background by the top right of your screen.
- Click on “Branding”
- Click on “Upload” and select your desired picture as ur Banner image.
- Click “Select” to upload.
You can also use the above steps to Change and Add YouTube channel Profile picture, and Video watermark (The watermark will appear on your videos in the right-hand corner of the video player)
Connect Youtube channel to a Brand Account
You can connect your YouTube channel to a Brand account if you wish to use a different name on your YouTube channel than your Google account. Brand account can be managed by you and multiple people.
- Sign in to YouTube with a mobile phone or Computer
- Go to your channel list
- You can choose to create a new account or use an existing Brand account that you manage already. Note you can’t create a new Brand channel if your Brand account already has a channel.
- Follow the instructions and fill the details to name your channel. Then Click on create to create the Brand account
- You can add or remove channel managers by following the simple instructions listed below.
A Brand account linked to a YouTube channel must have a primary owner and can be managed by multiple users managing the channel from their Google account. Only the primary owner have access to add managers, delete managers, delete the channel……
Add or Delete managers on a Brand account
- Sign in to YouTube on your device as the owner of the Brand account and follow the instructions below.
- Click on your account at the to right and then click on setting.
- Select add or remove manager(s)
- Once you select add or remove manager you will see an option “manager permission” Click on it.
- You will be asked to Enter your password and re-authenticate.
- After re-authentication, choose invite new users and Enter their emails.
- Below their names, choose user roles: You can choose Managers/Owner (remember owners can take full action on the channel).
- After choosing owner/manager, select invite then click “Done”.